About the enterprise

      The open joint-stock company “Bykhov vegetable can factory” was created by the decision of regional executive committee in 2001. In March 2006, President of the Republic of Belarus declared the open joint-stock company “Bykhov vegetable can factory” the basic enterprise that produces canned products in Mogilev region. Since 2007 all products are produced under the brand name “Khozyain-barin”. Nowadays the open joint-stock company “Bykhov vegetable can factory” is one of the largest manufacturers of fruit-and-vegetable preservation in the Republic of Belarus. The list of production of the enterprise enters a considerable quantity of preserved in the natural way and accordingly obtaining natural taste: jams, a wide assortment of tomato production, such, as ketchups, sauces, the tomato juice, made of high-quality raw materials with addition of various seasonings, lunch dishes, salads, snack, garnishes, and the big assortment of the natural and restored juice. The enterprise preserves all assortments of vegetables: tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, beetroots etc. But all the same the most popular products of the enterprise are “Preserved green peas” and “Caviar from vegetable marrows”. The primary goal of industrial activity of “Bykhov vegetable can factory” is not only the maintenance of trade enterprises in cities and republic areas with products of sufficient assortment and the guaranteed quality, but also production realization in the near abroad states (basically, in the Russian Federation). According to it, the policy of the enterprise is directed on:

 
  • the maximum satisfaction of inquiries of consumers,
  • the preservation of prestige of the enterprise on the basic commodity markets and the image creation in the new markets,
  • the maintenance of quality of production by commissioning of the modern high-efficiency equipment, the application of high technologies and modern management methods in production.

 

History

OSC “Bykhov vegetable can factory” is based on the former Bykhov acetone factory. The acetone factory has been put into use in 1929. The termination of the building of the factory and its start-up in operation dated 1935. The factory was in the conducting of the National Commissariat of the Chemical Industry. At the moment of putting it into operation the factory included the six-storeyed building , a vegetable storehouse with potato hydro giving into the workshop, a boiler-house with the power station, two artesian chinks, several treatment facilities, water drain and water pipe system. Bykhov acetone factory was one of the first-ever enterprises working on the cheapest agricultural raw materials – potatoes. It has been equipped with difficult continuously operating home-brewed system of an original design of the institute of chemical industry. In 1937 the mechanical workshop, club-dining room, accountants’ department and a pump station on the Dnieper River have been constructed. In 1941 the valuable chemical equipment was dismantled and taken out into the depth of the country. During the years of occupation the rest of the equipment was damaged or destroyed, the boiler-house together with the power station was destroyed too; the main building was partially blown up.  On September, 24th, 1946 by the decision of the Council of Ministers of BSSR № 5795 the building of the industrial food complex in Bykhov on the basis of acetone factory was stated. In July, 1948 a planned target on designing the food industrial complex in the city of Bykhov was developed by Belarusian Ministry of Food Industry. The building of the industrial complex was conducted between 1950 and 1955. The beginning of the industrial activity dated 1954. During the following years the enterprise reconstruction was conducted, and new manufactures started. By the order № 50 dated February, 6th, 1957, Belprodproekt was presented the task for building a workshop for making tins with productivity of 2000 tins № 15 during one change and rolled covered pots  – 8 million per year. In 1958 the line for manufacturing tins № 15, in 1960 – a line for manufacturing tins № 9 were mounted, in 1967 the new automatic transfer line for manufacturing tins № 9 was established. In 1963 the reconstruction of the right wing of the can workshop was done, in 1964 the drying workshop was reconstructed; in 1965 a more powerful workshop for pickling vegetables (840 tons) was constructed. In the boiler-house which was constructed in 1953, in 1962 the new copper of DKVR -6,5 mark and in 1964 – a copper of DKV mark were established. In 1965 the boiler-house was transferred from coal to liquid fuel.

 

Awards

 

   Laureate of the contest "The best goods of the 
     Republic of Belarus − 2010"
   Laureate of the contest "The best goods of the 
     Republic of Belarus − 2009"
   Laureate of the contest "The best goods of the 
     Republic of Belarus” in the category “New Product of the Year”
   Laureate of the contest "The best goods of the 
     Republic of Belarus − 2008"
   Diploma  of the contest “Product of the Year – 2009” 
     in the category “Canned Vegetables” for a wide range
     and quality of products.
   Diploma  of the contest “Product of the Year – 2009” 
    “Discovery of the Year” in the category “Canned Vegetables”
     for a wide range and quality of products.
    Diploma  of the contest “Product of the Year – 2009” 
     in the category “Canned Vegetables” for a wide range 
     and quality of products.
   Diploma of laureate of the international contest 
    "Best Product of the Year − 2010" at 17th international trade 
     fair “Prodexpo- - 2010” (Moscow)
   Diploma of the winner of the contest “Crystal Apple”
     in the category “Canned fruit” - 2010.